3D Model of my Roomba


3D Model of my Roomba


Recently, I watched the documentary, "Objectified" by Gary Hustwitz, for my object design class at AUarts. My first reaction while watching this film was “no one is socially distancing”. Then I realized what year this documentary was made in.   


While watching this documentary, I was shocked by the discussions of the reality of design. Most of your designs will end up in the trash. I have never seen creating and designing like that before, but it is a harsh reality that I will constantly be thinking about throughout my new career as a designer. I believe that design will have to go towards being eco-friendly and it will just have to be another element you will have to think about when you're creating.  


   also felt nostalgia while watching this documentary because of all the old designs of flip phones. The designs of the cell phones brought back memories of when I was a child I used to be obsessed with my mom's cell phone. I would always beg her if I could have the phone when she was done with it or got a new one. 


Then the documentary started talking about vacuumsspecifically the Roomba. Ironically my Slightly dumb old Roomba was stuck in my kitchen constantly looping around while the documentary praised the design in features of the tiny robot vacuum.  

  

I decided to 3D model my Roomba. 

iRobot 

Roomba 800  


the top





 the side 
the bottom 




  

I placed the Roomba on my desk and slowly designed each face of my circular Slave robot.  

  

  

  

    Overall, this project made me appreciate the sleek design of the Roomba even though it can frustrate me sometimes being stuck in a corner in my house. This documentary really opened my eyes to all the objects in my household that have been designed to be used. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts