Assignment 2: Mesh Mashup



Remix culture

Remix culture is an important key in the evolution of everything in our society and world. The only way we can look forward is if we look back and improve upon ideas and concepts. I used to look down on remix culture because of its unoriginality but I see it now that's important to move forward.  




The Bed Flipper 



The first concept I took a bed and a spatula to create The Bed Flipper. Imagine a world where you could just use a spatula and your bed would be completely flipped to the cold side so you can snuggle up and fall asleep. I also came up with this idea because I am always hungry while lying in bed. 


Spatula 

 https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2845872/files

Bed

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4057513




The nuclear Tv



 

For my second concept, I took an old-style TV and a microwave and put them together. I thought about their shapes and how similar they are to each other, like their boxed figure and the buttons on the sides. I thought about the static on the tv screen and how that would react to the microwave if you were to close the microwave door and turn it on for 30 seconds.  

tv

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1168415/files

microwave 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2801928/files




The ladder of vision. 

 For my third concept, I put together glasses and two ladders. I came up with this concept because I thought of my glasses and how I realized in my teens that I have very terrible eyesight. having glasses changed my life. I wanted to illustrate that. 


glasses 



The iBook 


For this conceptI thought about the technology that I surround myself with. I no longer carry books around, I just Google it. I wanted to put together a book in an iPhone to create that feeling.  

 


Book 


Mystery-Mo-Skates 


I wanted to redesign rollerblade shoe I thought it would be fun to use the mystery Inc van from Scooby-Doo and put it on some rollerblades. I definitely could see myself rocking these at the next roller Derby... If I knew how to rollerblade... 



Mystery Machine  van 



The Couch Watering Can 


I always imagined myself watching water fall down on all my plants. Wanted to recreate that feeling with an illustration of a couch on top of a watering can. 






couch 




The clicking frog 


I came up with this creation because I thought about two things that have the same shapes, which was the body of a frog and mouse. I thought it would be fun to think about if a mouse was hopping around your desk or looking at you with their beady eyes.  



For this concept,  I thought about my Christmas present to myself which was a Switch. I have been spending a little too much time creating an island in Animal Crossing.   



Working From Home



For this concept, because I'm always hungry. I created a pencil fork.  For when you need to draw but you're also hungry.  

Fork


Put a Wrench in It

I came up with this concept because I wanted to illustrate a pun. So, I took a wrench with a light bulb to create a weird lamp 

Wrench 
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:15063

Lamp 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4255093



Comments

Popular Posts