dino FIRST PROTOTYPE

 



when I first started my prototype, I was excited to see how something that I created on a laptop come into real life. I soon realized that this project was going to be a lot of work with a lot of hours spent on it. I didn't mind but as I was doing work, I realized that there is a lot of elements wrong with my template. when I first printed off my project, I realized that I needed to scale it up much larger. which also meant that I had to chop up certain pieces as they had to go on their own page because of their size.  


As I was constructing the Dinosaur, I ran into a couple problems... 

 First, the whole thing is crooked, and I think that has to do with the middle piece of my Dinosaur. Secondly, I did not have any way to connect the horns to the body properly so I will have to add tabs and holes to ensure that the dinosaurs' horns are attached. On the hands of the Dinosaur, the tabs for the fingers were in the wrong place. On the horns, the tabs were too long so I had to cut them. On the foot there are tabs in the wrong place and tabs were missing, so the feet were hard to put together. As I was putting things together, I realized that I needed to build the mouth and then attach it to the first side of my Dinosaur and then build the rest of my Dinosaur. The Superglue that I bought was not working with the cardstock that I had so I ended up having to use very thin layers of school glue which made my hands very dirty, and this project has scuffs on it.  

 

 Overall, I'm very happy with my project even though there is a lot of problems. I guess I know for next time and I can build upon this idea that I came up with. Because I am dedicating the time to this assignment, I will eventually have a very successful 3D sculpture. 

 

                            

Comments

Popular Posts